Thursday, December 11, 2014

Duke Addition [Tile Shopping, Pt. 2]

Last week we focused on finalizing our tile choices for the bathroom and the fireplace tile surround. As I mentioned in the last tile shopping post, we decided on a ceramic Carrara Floor Tile Marble for the bathroom floor. I like that it has the look of marble but the durability of ceramic appeals more to me for a bathroom floor (especially considering we have a big dog, and a soon- to- be 1 year old running around under foot). Not to mention the price point hits my fancy. The bathroom tile was an easy decision for us. We were considering the 12x12 or 12x24 size and ultimately have decided to go with the 12x24, laid in a staggered brick pattern. 






As for the fireplace surround, we had a little bit harder time deciding because the options seem to be endless and I like so many different styles. 

Here are some photos I found for inspiration... 



Beautiful millwork on fireplace.

^^love everything about this. 


Simple trim with big impact Hide tv, cable, Internet cords if you can't drill through fireplace brick. my house will have many fire places in it.

^^Love the traditional brick pattern.


family room

^^something a bit darker? 

plaid, tables behind and prints above

Or with no tile at all? 


Fireplace surround in stone beach style by de[luxe] design studio

^^ I love this cozy feel! But maybe a little too craftsmen to fit with our style home..


Carrara Marble hearth with Carrara Marble tile on fireplace. I love the way they changed direction on the running bond pattern.

^^This one just does it all for me. I love how the tile changes direction on the corners.

*images 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ,6

See? So many beautiful options! How to choose?! 


So we ended up taking these samples home to help us make our decision...



^^3x6 Pearl Tumbled Travertine



^^ 1x2 Arabescato Marble Brick Honed


^^ 3x6 Arabescato Polished Marble 

After referring back to our inspiration photos (especially this one) we finally decided on the 3x6 Arabescato Polished Marble!



It's so excited to have some of our finishes picked out and I really am starting to get an overall vision for how the final spaces are going to look. 

***Also on a little side note - the windows and doors were installed on Monday and our new roof is being installed TODAY! Hallelujah, we're back on schedule! 


Thanks for reading!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a sweet message! I love hearing from you!!