Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Painting Laminate - It can be done!



I found this old mirror in our attic that I thought would be perfect for the nursery, but I just wasn't feeling the color. So I did a little research on how to paint laminate and here's what I found. 



First of all, the most important thing for success is a good oil based primer. 
 I used this one.


I did two coats to make sure the frame was primed really good and I didn't miss any spots.

(after one coat)


(after two coats)


Next I used an ultra white latex paint in semi gloss.
I liked that Valspar had zero VOC. Perfect for a nursery:)


(after one coat)


(after two coats) 




 Everything went on perfectly, and has held up great will no peeling or chipping off of paint.

Now just to get this baby hung over the changing table and we're set! 
Wellll almost set
I have a few more things on my list to get done before we are ready for the reveal, but with only 37 days to go until D-day, I'm motivated to get my butt in gear. I'm hoping to share at the beginning of next week, so make sure to check back!
xx 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a sweet message! I love hearing from you!!