Monday, August 5, 2013

Moments in Munich




The iconic Rathaus and Glockenspiel in Marienplatz.



The first of many long, delicious, and very entertaining meals with my cousin.



Relaxing day spent on Tegernsee Lake.








The many food and various vendors in the Viktualienmarkt. Major eye candy.








Our time in Munich came to an end all too quickly, but I definitely feel like I got a great feel for the beautiful city. I have to say of everything we did there, my favorites were our Sunday spent at Tegernsee lake, about an hour outside of Munich, and our afternoon lunch and wandering around the Viktualienmarkt. 

There's a lot to be said for taking a whole day to sit lakeside  (a breath taking lakeside) in the midst of a nonstop sight seeing adventure to just breath, rest your footsies, and take it all in. I could have stayed a week just doing that. But we did manage to get our butts in gear, and my favorite thing in the city was by far the Viktualienmarkt. In every direction there are different vendors offering every kind of home grown, pickled, or fresh baked food you can think of. I wanted one of everything, but ended up settling on a panini, 3 huge pickles for 1 euro, freshly squeezed fruit juice, and a bag of green grapes. mmm take me back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a sweet message! I love hearing from you!!