Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Organization

The rare occurrence of a 70 degree day in January motivated me over the weekend to get a little organizing done around the house, which ended up turning in to a full day project.

Here's how it went...

First, I decided to tackle our mudroom/laundry room/ storage area

I then had to take everything off the shelves... yes it was as gross as it appears in the pictures..

the floors were bare concrete. why in the world does the tile stop out of nowhere, you ask? my thoughts exactly! My best guess is this area previously held the washer and dryer at some point or another, but it just looks like a construction zone to me.

 so once everything was out of there, I thoroughly vacuumed all the dust/dirt up


It was rediculously easy. The tiles fit together like puzzle pieces and you can cut to fit the size you need. They are great for basements, garages, or in our case, unsightly random nooks and crannies.

then it was time to start hauling everything back in, but this gave me the opportunity to do a little rearranging to find the best fit.


So there. is it my dream room? No. but it is a vast improvement with little investment and a lot of elbow grease.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a sweet message! I love hearing from you!!